In my folder of documentation, where there is a good level of detail, with every MOT from new, but some gaps when the car was without an MOT.
Using the DVLAs MOT checker, I can find out a bit more information. The vehicle is on its 4th registration. It started with an 02 plate, then had a private registration, another private registration for the owner before me, and now my registration.
- Most recent MOT (13,474 miles) was provided before sale (Oct 2011), and there were no advisories
- July 2011 (13,362 miles), with an advisory for the front tyres being worn close to the legal limit. I need to check the tread depths as they looked ok to me
- May 2010 (12,364 miles), with no advisory
- June 2009 (11,441 miles), with no advisory
- June 2008 (9300 miles) with no advisory
- Some of 2007 / 2008 – Seems to have been off the road, no MOT history
- October 2006 (8334 miles) with no advisory
- August 2005 – October 2006 – Seems to have been off the road, no MOT history
The Type approval certificate for the vehicle is August 2002 (and the vehicle was registered / sold a week later) – If this is the date of it coming onto the road, then I would expect a 2005 MOT, but there does not seem to be one. Perhaps it was off the road for a while.